South Lane Mental Health’s Supported Employment program assists individuals to become employed and maintain employment in an integrated, competitive work setting. Services include development of employment opportunities and ongoing support including job coaching, assistive technology, job retention, and more.
Our Supported Employment program utilizes the evidence-based Individualized Placement and Support (IPS) model, which integrates the following eight principles:
- Eligibility is based upon client choice.
- Supported employment services are closely integrated with mental health treatment services.
- Competitive jobs are the goal.
- Employer contact begins rapidly after clients enter the program.
- Employment specialists build relationships with employers based upon individuals’ job interests.
- Job supports are continuous.
- Consumer preferences are honored.
- Benefits planning (work incentives planning) is offered to all individuals who receive entitlements.