The mission of South Lane Mental Health is to restore hope and renew lives through compassionate mental health services, support, and advocacy.
Our community is facing unprecedented times and South Lane Mental Health would like to offer tools and strategies to cope with the stress and pressures associated with the Oregon’s Shelter in Place regulations. South Lane Mental Health Moments – Restoring Hope, Renewing Lives – One Moment at a Time – are short videos designed for kids, teens and adults. They are created by our team at SLMH and offer unique strategies to help our community cope with the stress and anxiety associated with this pandemic. You can find links to these videos on our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SouthLaneMentalHealth/
Senior Loneliness Hotline:
Connecting with people can keep you healthy. Nearly 1 in 5 adults over the age of 50 is at risk of social isolation, and of course more than that with the quarantine currently in place. This may lead to loneliness. Any aging adult who is experiencing loneliness, isolation, depression or anxiety can benefit from a confidential phone call with Senior Loneliness specialists. Sometimes knowing there is someone who cares and wants to listen can be of great help. 800-282-7035 www.seniorlonelinessline.org
Self care is more important than ever during this time. Here is a free app that can help:
Upcoming Lane County Workshops:
In an effort to contain the spread of Covid-19, effective immediately and until further notice, South Lane Mental Health will be moving non-critical services to video-conference (v-con) and over the phone sessions.
- Our services are being moved to telehealth and include prescribing, outpatient and the Substance Use Disorder program.
- In addition to maintaining services with our clients over the phone, SLMH will move all intakes to either v-con or via phone. For Intake or other questions please call our main number: 541-942-3939.
- SLMH will also maintain over the phone crisis response and referral. Please call: 541-942-3939
- Clients without phones will need to access crisis services via the Cottage Grove Emergency Department. Please be aware that the Cottage Grove Hospital and Clinics are screening people at the door for signs of infectious disease. Their address is: 1515 Village Drive
- SLMH will continue all critical day to day services including our BRC Foster Home and Assertive Community Treatment Team.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during these challenging times, and please know that SLMH will be here for you throughout!
*This page will be updated with more information as it becomes available.*
SOUTH LANE MENTAL HEALTH is a non-profit community mental health organization serving southern Lane County, North Douglas County and Springfield.
Since 1988, South Lane Mental Health has been committed to helping people affected by mental illness and emotional problems, to better understand their condition and take steps toward recovery and living independently and productively in the community.
Our therapists help children and adults realize full and productive lives through counseling (depression, anxiety, etc.), case management, medication management, crisis services (suicide prevention, PTSD related symptoms, etc.) , recovery services (alcohol and drug abuse), and supported housing.
Please contact us if you or someone you care about needs help.